[Hpn] ELECTORAL REVOLUTION

Joseph Reynolds reynolds@webmail.pe.net
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:51:18 0

 My congrats to the people of San Francisco. We must remember it wasn't just homeless persons who voted for these people with numbers like these obviously even the silent majority is getting more than a little fed up. This is how coalition form. And we will find ourselves allied with some pretty surprising colleagues. we don:t have to agree on everything ~ but we will have to decide what are the important issues we have in common. The republicans and the "right" have spent 30 years  building coalition while the rest of us have been arguing over who is holier and purer than the other. The idea isn't to scare the suits and straights but to get them to remember that we are FAMILY. There is much I have read here that isn't what I believe or think. So bloody what, it is a big world and I don't want you following me ( For one thing, I'm probably lost! ) and you don't want me following you. Trust me on that last one.
  But if we can learn to put aside our honest differences then we can move the world. Remember the FBI and others did their best to cause and increase the internal strife in the Nation of Islam and Peace movements. And WE let them have their way. In the end the fault for the disintegration of the movements in the late 70s and 80s is ours, not theirs.
  They opened a vag and we jumped into it. Maybe with the best of intentions but we didn't do what was needed.
   One thing I see us as having to work on is what the people of San Francico have done. Work locally to get our people in. Screw the Presidency, for the most part what can a Pres. do besides be a  figure-head. Yes that is useful but only to a limited extent. Unless of course the whole of Congress and the people are with him. But by then who needs him!
   The people upstairs are always conscious of which way the wind blows.
   Remember in America Willie Brown is considered a "leftist". I'm sure we can all see the resemblance to Leon Trotsky (sic).
         -- jos
          http://www.geocities.com/jos_reyn