[Hpn] Supreme Court Rules for BUSH on Florida Recounts (Reuters) fwd

Teresa Lynn Heinz tlheinz@indiana.edu
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:40:23 -0500 (EST)

You're right; Bush or Gore probably wouldn't make much difference for
homeless people. I'm not for Bush, but it isn't surprising that the S.
Court ruled for him. By ruling for Gore they would have set a precedent
for 'choosing' the president, and the court politically didn't want to go
down that track. The laws just haven't been written yet for situations
like this, but we'll see some big changes in the next four years.

Teresa