[Hpn] Fwd: Christmas by the Waterfront - December 19 @ 11 am

Graeme Bacque graeme.bacque@3web.net
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:28:00 -0500

--=======3512738F=======

------------forwarded message------------
From: "TDRC" <tdrc@web.net>
To: "TDRC desk" <kira@idirect.com>
Subject: Christmas by the Waterfront - December 19 @ 11 am
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:05:13 -0600

good afternoon everybody - i hope this email finds you well
and ready to come out to a REALLY BIG event down at "tent
city" next Tuesday morning (December 19th) at 11:00 am.

This is the place, at the Lakeshore and Cherry Streets,
where about 20 people are facing eviction from their
homemade shelters and the destruction of their social
community.  Late last week we delivered a temporary
"disaster house" to the site so that at least 2 people could
have a safe and healthy place to live in and as a challenge
to all levels of government to face their responsibility
during this homeless disaster to find suitable land on which
to erect enough of these units to shelter every person who
needs it.

Next tuesday we plan to host a "Christmas by the Waterfront"
during which we will:

1-clean up the area
2-have a turkey dinner
3-put up a Christmas tree; and
4-have a choir singing carols

To do this properly we NEED YOUR HELP!! we need people to:

1-bring tools, such as rakes, shovels and grass cuters, to
help with the clean up
2-to bring cooked turkeys and other food for the dinner
3-to come and participate in this christmas rally of support
for the people trying to survive down by the waterfront
4-to spread around this notice to as many people as possible
so that we can get a whole crowd out!

If you are able to come, please do so; if you are able to
provide specific help, as in volunteering to be part of the
clean up crew, or bring turkeys, etc. please call TDRC at
either at 416-599-8372 (Kira Heineck) or 416-964-2459 (Bric
German).  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Graeme <graeme.bacque@3web.net>
http://bacque.graeme.tripod.com

---