[Hpn] Season's Greeting

g44hanson@hotmail.com g44hanson@hotmail.com
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:08:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Soon many families will be gathered together to observe a
tradition of exchanging gifts, for which they know not why. But
the seasonal traditions of revelry and partying dates back
several thousand years.

Many other people see the season as a time to celebrate the
birth of Jesus of Nazareth, in a manger, on a cold winter
night.  In reality, the birth actually took place at the Jewish
Feast of Tabernacles in the autumn season, BEFORE Shepherds had
brought their flocks of sheep in from the fields for the winter.

Jesus became a great Teacher, a Rabbi, and a Master of Masters
before he began His ministry in a.d. 33 in Judea. Before that,
He was a world traveler with His Uncle Joseph of Arimathea.
Historical records reveal that Uncle Joseph was a merchant who
had ships traveling all throughout the Roman Empire and beyond.

Ancient records in China, India, and Tibet tell of Jesus coming
to study with them and of His becoming a Master of each of their
religions. A Monastery in India still has a portrait of Him that
was made while He was there.  It was in Tibet where He spent 12
years that He became a Master of Masters.  Then He returned to
Palestine to begin His final ministry.

So little is told today about the man who took upon Himself the
mantle of Messiah. The Bible says that if everything about His
life were to be written down in books, the whole world could not
contain its volumes.  There is so much to learn and so little
time to learn it.

The greatest gift that Jesus offered to us was the power to
become like Him both in power and in character.  This includes
the possibility of transforming our mortal body into one that is
Immortal. This is why He came in a mortal body.  And is why He
later sacrificed it.

This is the message that I celebrate at this time of year.

Happy Holiday

Gary Hanson

P.S. If you would like a deeper study on this subject, check out
our web page, BEGINNING. http://www.zetetic-institute.bigstep.com

Visit our site here:
http://www.zetetic-institute.bigstep.com/

If at any time you'e like to be removed from our mailing list,
please go to this web page to unsubscribe: