[Hpn] Re: [nhhomeless] NHHomeless picket of Franklin City Hall

William Tinker wtinker@fcgnetworks.net
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:34:34 -0400

Please excuse any multi postings:

REAL 2 REEL

3rd Grassroots Documentary Film & Video Festival

The Grassroots Media Network invites you to submit your video and/or film
projects for the 3rd Grassroots Documentary Film and Video Festival to be
held in Austin, TX. March 9, 10, and 11, 2001. The Grassroots Documentary
Film & Video Festival is sponsored by the Grassroots Media Network. The
festival is a great place to present your work to the general public,
worldwide media groups and independent media producers.

*PURPOSE*
The purpose of the Grassroots Documentary Film and Video Festival is to
showcase progressive film and video works that focus on issues that are not
recognized by mainstream media or that tackle issues in ways not done in
mainstream media, with the main focus being on people of color, gays,
lesbians, transgendered people, women, the environment, labor issues,
poverty, housing issues and homelessness, health, civil disobedience, mass
movements and other issues that effect our communities.
*CRITERIA*

The work must focus on issues not dealt with by, and relate to communities
that are ignored by mainstream media. We are looking for works that use
film & video as tools for communication to inform about a current or
on-going struggle, to raise questions about what's being done, or to call
for actions to help a cause. The emphasis is on content.

*SUBMISSION*
Please submit a 1/2" VHS copy of your work for our panel to review.
To be considered for the Festival, a 1/2" VHS copy of the film/video work
must be completed and postmarked by January 12th 2001.

There is a $10 registration fee for each submission. All money received
from registration will be used to cover cost involved with organizing the
Festival.

VHS copies cannot be returned. Please include a short description of you
work and full name and address.

Mail the video to:

Grassroots Documentary Film & Video Festival
C/O Tony Truong
1602 Chatham
Austin, TX 78723