[Hpn] ALERT: responce to; banned in downtown ??

john macpherson nyceguy50@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:04:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- john macpherson <nyceguy50@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > TO REPLY ONLIST to _all_ HPN listmembers, RESET
> >
> > Where you live, have police shut down squats or
> free
> > meal programs, in
> > downtown business districts or elsewhere?
> > If so, how did authorities justify their
> crack-downs?
>
> The "authorities" are cracking the whips as usual.
The crime of sleep being tolerated, as the city hasn't
removed it from the books, overlooking the mayors
statements. It is just slightly harder to get us these
days and due to the extra effort that they take to
find us doing a "wrongful act" that violates an
ordinance they take the extra effort to further the
harassment in the situations of the bad police,I.E.
kicking, and striking. If the party  embarrass the
agency they will get him on a crosswalk violation or
litter or claim a public intox without proof or
evidence. IT is easy to pull an empty can from
someplace on the way in and tell in the report that he
was drinking. Most of the drag rats have found new
hangs or have gone to jail.  The pathetic part of this
is that some of the spots are cleaned out of the
homeless the primary drug deals still are in the
direct vision of every police station and government
office. The primary place to find the alcoholic is in
the shot bar area (the entertainment district where
the entertainment facilities have hired their own
police in excess of there bouncers and the regular
patrol officers.