[Hpn] Re: Australia: Victorian Homelessness Strategy

Ria Strong strongvoice@start.com.au
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:13 +1000

My agitating has got me an invite to the Ministerial Advisory
Committee working group looking at ways of effectively involving
people in the consultation process.

The next meeting is on Thursday-- when *I'm* doing a 3-hr training
session in another city... damn!

I'm further ahead than I was, tho.

And I was *very* pleased to see someone else with direct personal
experience of homelessness on the working group! I don't know if her
participation is more than token-- but she's *there*. Better than an
Advisory Group on high-flying service managers.

- Ria

>In late July, a homelessness strategy consultation paper was released
>here in Melbourne, Australia. It's available in .pdf format here:
>http://hna.ffh.vic.gov.au/vhs/projects.htm
>
>A 12-member Ministerial Advisory Group has been formed, to "provide
>advice directly to the Minister and oversee the community
consultation