[Hpn] Surviving homelessness

H. C. Covington - ICAN America icanamerica@msn.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 02:05:37 -0500

Great Message Ria - Keep up the good work.

There should be a number of us on HPN that have stories or comment to offer.

H.  C.  C O V I N G T O N
I  C A N!  America
Nonprofit Resource Consultants
1.800.678.5774  FAX 775-213-6070
icanamerica@email.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Working together, there is no
problem that can not be solved!"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ria Strong" <strongvoice@start.com.au>
Cc: <noel@chp.org.au>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 10:26 PM
Subject: [Hpn] Surviving homelessness

non-inclusive consultation process, I've been agitating about
self-advocacy by homeless and formerly homeless people.

At least one person has obviously been listening to me-- I just
received this message from the Council to Homless Persons:

Original message from: "Noel Murray" <noel@chp.org.au>

>Dear Ms Strong,
>I have just read your message to the VHS On Line Forum re the above
and I
>thought you might have some ideas regarding potential sources of
>contributions to the November Edition of Parity (Publication of the
Vic
>Council to Homeless Persons.  The theme for this edition is
"Surviving
>Homelessness" and aims within the limited context of the publication,
>"give voice" to homeless people or those that have experienced
homelessness,
>by providing those that are interested in writing and perhaps being
>published, with the opportunity to say what they think it takes to
survive
>homelessness.

Anyone interested in contributing??? :)

Obviously, I'll also be passing the message around locally.

- Ria