[Hpn] Picket today at Franklin City Hall! "Homes not parking lots!"

William Tinker wtinker@fcgnetworks.net
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:11:30 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C00EBF.E4D0B780

Good evening homeless advocates, and activists all over the world!
Well our picket of Franklin New Hampshire's City hall went quite well we had
4 residents picketing along side of Pastor Murphree and his two younger
children John, Janna, John Bell, Kelly Bean,Clara Mercier;and another boy
from one of the three Franklin Street apartment buildings that are scheduled
for demolition by city of Franklin for eminent domain seizures.We had Tom
Cagle;Robert Tarr,Linda Morgan,Mike Philbert,and William Tinker,Jaime grady
did his utmost to make it and would have but we were tired after about 2
hours in the sun so next time Jaime OK?We might do a couple of more small
actions in Franklin to let them know its not over untill the "Fat lady
sings!!"Also we need the practise too!LOL!!
Our slogans were "People Not Parking Lots","City Hall Unfair To Poor
People,""Honk If Your A Tax Payer,""Your Taxes Are Being Used To Make Me
Homeless," "You Could Be Next","Eminent Domain Is Theft By City
Government","Watch Your Taxes Will Increase Next Year""Thank You Franklin
For Making Me Homeless"The policeman was actually grinning when he came over
to tell us what your doing is legal just do not block a exit door or
entrance,or block passage on the sidewalk..which we were aware of  but he
had a real million dollar smile on his face which said it all!
Local press showed up and took pictures of us all and spoke to us and were
pretty much sympathetic towards the people whom are getting thrown out of
the three apartment houses,I believe the pictures and stories will be in
next weeks Franklin New Hampshires local paper.
Well thats about it folks thank you for all your phone in support and
mailings to Franklin City Managers office you have all done good and it is
appreciated by everyone of the Franklin Street residents!
A Brother In The Homeless Struggle
Bill
William Charles Tinker
25 Granite Street