[Hpn] National Homeless Plan

homey homey@ids.net
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:01:40 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_r1AVvBYb5sFCtWIwdAV5Rg)

Hi Chance,

In a sense I do agree with some of your responses regarding Ted Hayes, =
yes he is theatrical.   I sense that if I were to look at things from =
both sides of the fence, I can understand your extreme denouncement of =
someone who goes against your ingrained philosophy as an anarchist. I =
personally really like anarchist for their neat puppets. Most anarchists =
are peaceful law-abiding individuals.  After going and participating in =
many of their rally's I have to understand that they symbolize a =
movement against the corporate system and the dissolutions of the =
government as it now stands.  I think I have it right, after all I have =
spent many weeks living with them at various protests about the country.

Since, I spent a better part of a week at Dome Village with homeless =
folks from about the various parts of California, Oregon, Washington =
state, Ohio, Massachusetts and New Jersey. I got a great sense of what =
Dome Village was about not from the NHP convention but from the ten =
homeless folks like myself who lived in the parking lot on the asphalt =
ground. Nights were the times we sat and spoke of our different =
philosophies on homelessness and the various street papers that folks =
wrote for or about, sort of networking. =20

The convention was not what I thought it would be. but that's only part =
of why I came to Los Angeles, I wanted to meet other folks who were out =
there battling on the ;lines. I did meet those folks out in the parking =
lot under a tent.=20

As for Ted Hayes, yes he is a one man show, he has very different =
philosophies from myself. This I see.

But, I having spent a week there watching even after the convention =
ended, found a community that accepted homeless people for who they =
were.  The rules allowed folks to drink alcohol on the premises if they =
so choose to and also allowed the folks to roam freely with no curfew.  =
None of the homeless were made to be put on show and many did not =
participate on the convention or hmm lack of convention.

My only disappointment chance was that you were not out sleeping in the =
parking lot with us, You might have been surprised, I got a first hand =
tour of skid row by David Busch who writes for the Sane Monica homeless =
paper.  We also met up with some other street newspaper folks.  The =
parking lot was where it was happening.=20

As for Ted Hayes, I respect him for having a sanctuary for homeless =
people where they feel comfortable living.  As for his politics, that's =
where I have agreed to disagree.

Catalina

Did the convention happen, no it did not. As far as I could tell there =
was not much interest in finding common ground among those who may have =
participated. =20

--Boundary_(ID_r1AVvBYb5sFCtWIwdAV5Rg)

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi Chance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>In a sense I do agree with some of your responses =
regarding=20
Ted Hayes, yes he is theatrical.&nbsp;&nbsp; I sense that if I were to =
look at=20
things from both sides of the fence, I can understand your extreme =
denouncement=20
of someone who goes against your ingrained philosophy as an anarchist. I =

personally really like anarchist for their neat puppets. Most anarchists =
are=20
peaceful law-abiding individuals.&nbsp; After going and participating in =
many of=20
their rally's I have to understand that they symbolize a movement =
against the=20
corporate system and the dissolutions of the government as it now =
stands.&nbsp;=20
I think I have it right, after all I have spent many weeks living with =
them at=20
various protests about the country.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Since, I spent a better part of a week at Dome =
Village with=20
homeless folks from about the various parts of California, Oregon, =
Washington=20
state, Ohio, Massachusetts and New Jersey. I got a great sense of what =
Dome=20
Village was about not from the NHP convention but from the ten homeless =
folks=20
like myself who lived in the parking lot on the asphalt ground. Nights =
were the=20
times we sat and spoke of our different philosophies on homelessness and =
the=20
various street papers that folks wrote for or about, sort of =
networking.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The convention was not what I thought it would be. =
but that's=20
only part of why I came to Los Angeles, I wanted to meet other folks who =
were=20
out there battling on the ;lines. I did meet those folks out in the =
parking lot=20
under a tent. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As for Ted Hayes, yes he is a one man show, he has =
very=20
different philosophies from myself. This I see.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>But, I having spent a week there watching even after =
the=20
convention ended, found a community that accepted homeless people for =
who they=20
were.&nbsp; The rules allowed folks to drink alcohol on the premises if =
they so=20
choose to and also allowed the folks to roam freely with no =
curfew.&nbsp; None=20
of the homeless were made to be put on show and many did not participate =
on the=20
convention or hmm lack of convention.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My only disappointment chance was that you were not =
out=20
sleeping in the parking lot with us, You might have been surprised, I =
got a=20
first hand tour of skid row by David Busch who writes for the Sane =
Monica=20
homeless paper.&nbsp; We also met up with some other street newspaper=20
folks.&nbsp; The parking lot was where it was happening. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As for Ted Hayes, I respect him for having a =
sanctuary for=20
homeless people where they feel comfortable living.&nbsp; As for his =
politics,=20
that's where I have agreed to disagree.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Catalina</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Did the convention happen, no it did not.&nbsp;As =
far as I=20
could tell there was not much interest in finding common ground among =
those who=20
may have participated.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_r1AVvBYb5sFCtWIwdAV5Rg)--