[Hpn] Re: Elian Gonzales

unclescam unclescam@buskers.org
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:15:55 -0400

how soon we forget
   that it was a two edged sword. politics on both sides. the use of
superior firepower is as often used against the poor. these folks had
homes so they weren't shot, but the use of  force is unjustified in all
cases. this sets us up for the next one. when will they break down your
door. point the gun at you.? when can't they threaten this procedure.?
    was the washington pre-emption arrest the same tactic ? be in control
from the start was the reason for the weapons of mass destruction. i
believe a call for non violent police actions would be better for our
civilation than praise for a military response over a minor dispute.
     why do policemen carry guns? they are supposed to be peace officers
not warriors. this is a disgusting display of american incivility.