[HPN] LAPD Poll: Police brutality common, most residents believe

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,
It looks good on paper but I believe we all have a few stories that are not
a generalization or stereo-types..
I my self have been homeless 5 times in my life time,and its been
increasingly harder to get back on my pins as I am now 50 plus years old.
But you can not say that drugs,booze or mental illness are the cause they
are symptoms,of a greater social disease and one of biggotry and apathy
which is abit ableistic to me ..I could be wrong but I have only life
experience to state my thoughts!
I feel that since I am both disabled and displaced that I have two strikes
against me,before I attempt to find housing or help ...But why should I feel
this way?
We need to re educate persons to not victimize our already working poor or
displaced persons whom by the way could also be disabled to..
To say drugs and alcohol and mental illness were the causes of all or most
homeless problems is not true as they could be part of the social plague of
mans inhumanity to man,as apathy kills a homeless person quicker than the
lack of food..
Lets be carefull how we blame or pin point the problems because even though
they sound good you still need to walk a mile in  our moccasins..OK ?
A Brother In The Homelessness Struggle
                      Bill