[HPN] Re: Tax Time

I CAN! icanamerica@email.msn.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:06:56 -0500

Just wanted to let everyone know that the IRS this year is doing a pilot
project wherin they answer taxpayers' questions via email.  I stumbled upon
it over over the weekend and gave it a try, requesting references to more
detailed regs on an issue I had found to be poorly documented in the regular
IRS publications.  24 hours later I had a 10 page email awaiting me, full of
exerpts from tax code, detailed explanations and examples.  If you've ever
tried to get walk-in advice or phone advice from the IRS, you can surely
appreciate what a great opportunity this is to get tax info that is actually
quick, relevant, and useful.  Take advantage!

The query submission form is located at
http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/plain/help/newmail/user.html