[HPN] Fwd: from TDRC - another homeless person dies in Toronto

Graeme Bacque gbacque@idirect.com
Sun, 02 Apr 2000 20:47:37 -0400

------------forwarded message------------
From: "Kira Heineck" <kira@idirect.com>
To: "TDRC desk" <ccrowe@ctchc.com>
Subject: from TDRC - another homeless person dies in Toronto
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:24:30 -0500

Brace yourselves friends - yet another homeless person has died. With
sadness, frustration and anger we send you notice that on the afternoon of
Friday March 31st TDRC learned that Segauraum Aneshlingham (forgive me if
the spelling his name is not correct) died. Mr. Aneshlingham was known to
stay at the Salvation Army on Jarvis Street. It is believed he was found on
Church Street but died shortly thereafter.

We will hold another vigil (happening now with sickening regularity) at
Nathan Phillips Square on TUESDAY, April 4th at 12 noon. We will bring
another message to the Mayor's Office expressing our anger, outrage and
demanding they act NOW to end the shameful death toll mounting in our city's
homeless population. We will remind them that every moment of inaction on
their part holds them responsible for every death.

We will not cross the CUPE 79 picket line to go into City Hall unless CUPE
79 gives us permission. We hope to be joined outside by strikers on Tuesday,
speaking out together on the terrible reality of our homeless disaster and
the conditions it has created in the shelter system - which the city has not
done enough to alleviate - a reality that resulted on Friday in another
death.

Please watch for another TDRC "Vigil Alert" tomorrow for more information.
Or call me at 703-8482, x411.

Please join us on Tuesday - your show of solidarity will strengthen our
demand that the city act now.

<http://webhome.idirect.com/~gbacque/gbacque.html>
ICQ #45617216
"A man needs a little madness, or else
he never dares cut the rope and be free"
--Nikos Kazantzakis, from 'Zorba the Greek'